Identifying Opportunities in Economic and Regulatory Trends

Economic Trend Opportunites 
1. Economy Added 263,000 jobs in April, unemployment falls to 3.6%, new 50-year low 
With more people having jobs more people are able to spend. These employees are some of the hardest workings in the world and hardly take time off. Basic needs in day to day life may be neglected giving rise to an opportunity in simple task doing. People who work long hours and on weekends would most likely have this problem. Finding people willing to do tasks as either employees or payment on a task by task basis might be difficult to find. Especially for the rare cases where someone feels they are in danger while assisting someone. 

2. U.S. Falls to 3rd in List of Most Competitive Economies
The United States is currently has lost its spot as the worlds most competitive economy. Singapore, due to its immigration laws, advanced technological infrastructure, availability of skilled labor and efficient ways to set up new business, gave it an edge over the United States. Americans can invest in Singapore’s market to increase their personal gains. The trade war has caused private investments to slow down gradually. 

Regulatory Opportunities
1. Cheers! SEC to Allow Sale of Beer, Wine at Sporting Events 
The Southeastern Conference has just allowed for beer and wine to be sold at sporting events. Vendors, who are already established, and new suppliers will now have a huge audience to cater too. With mass crowds making these good easily and quickly accessible will be the key to being successful. 

2. Changes In Lobster Processing Rules On Legislature’s Plate 
A potential expansion of Massachusettes lobster processing would allow for in-state processing and the sale of raw and frozen lobster parts still in the shell. This expands the ways companies can sell lobster and potentially even new companies. Lobster is a staple in northern states such as Massachusets and could provide growth in their economy. 

I feel that for all of these many people could see the opportunities in these changes but no one decided to act on it. For whatever reason, it was not something they personally felt they could capitalize on. 

Comments

  1. Hi Ashlyn,

    You picked some very different and interesting articles. I had read about the SEC news the other day and the opinion on it in the comments section was extremely split. Most people were worried about drunk crowds in a space that's supposed to be family-friendly, so I wonder how the SEC came to this decision. I know they've been having a hard time getting people to show up to the games, so maybe they figured selling beer would boost their attendance rate! It's also interesting to see how something like lobster can so easily affect a state's economy and trade, it must be something sacred to New Englanders.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashlyn,
    #2 of your economic trend opportunities really shocked me! I thought the U.S was in a close second in regards to economic power, trailing behind China. I haven't heard much from Singapore, generally speaking, as a country. Probably because they are able to stay out of the media's highlights which is honestly great, as some things can be distorted in the media!

    I think it's cool that wine and beer are sold at sporting events, as long as it is done with caution (being around kids, heat) are a few dangers that could present themselves if drinking too much on a hot day. To be honest, I though beer and wine were already sold at most sporting events.
    Great post overall!
    - Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, interesting articles you have here. I agree with all your responses/summaries. As far as the U.S. falling down in the list of competitive economies, I agree that it has indeed fallen. I came across an article that explains some of the factors that contribute to the economy falling. One reason I found weird, is there isn't enough money circulating. People are making money, but aren't spending it fast enough. The downside to that is we need to save in order to be prepared for the unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ashlyn, I think you did a really good job on this assignment! In our day and age, it is coming to light that the more people work, the more people are then able to spend like you said. It’s basically a domino effect. I enjoyed reading the article about the SEC now allowing the sale of beer and wine and sporting events. I too think this will be very beneficial and will bring in a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment