Solving the Problem

A service where you can have your clothes tailored to you. Using an app, you can select details about the clothes that need to be fitted. A step by step guide to taking measurements of your body will show up and that information is then privately linked to your account. Changes to those measurements can be made at any time. Your clothes will then go in the mail and sent to a facility where they are tailored to the measurements submitted. Once tailored they are then returned via mail to the customer to try on. 

Comments

  1. I feel like that could be a great solution to the tailoring market space. With everything being automated and online, it is only a matter of time until most of the in house services will become online as well.
    I have seen a couple of suit companies begin to do this. You have a friend take all of your measurements and then you send those into the company. From there, they send you three suits that are a close fit to those guidelines. If none of those work, then they will send you your 100% measurements.
    If the original three fit your body size, then it is a cheaper alternative than 100% tailored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashlyn, the more I read about your app the more I am intrigued! I think it was a very good idea to add the step by step guide to taking measurements of our bodies. I personally don’t know how to go about doing that so I am sure there are countless other people out there who would also want to benefit from this app but who, like me, don’t know how to take their own measurements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashlyn, great post! I think the app that you want to pursue is a good one because I don’t know anything that exists like that. Your solution sounds interesting, but I would recommend you add a little more information about the opportunity you are trying to pursue before presenting the solution. Additionally, while I do think the app is a good idea, I feel as though sending the clothes in the mail is almost as much effort as just going to a store. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I think there would be a great opportunity with an app like this. I am always lazy to do laundry. It takes too much time and effort. If i could use technology to have my laundry done, this would make my life complete. I would love to hear a solution. I'm sure there are tons of ways to make this opportunity come true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ashlyn, this sounds like a pretty good idea. I have seen an app presented on Shark Tank where you can have your measurements taken and clothes tailored to you and sent in but the clothes often did not fit. Your app would probably be better because you can just enter your measurements in and then have the clothes tailored. Good luck if you indeed try to pursue this, creating apps can be a difficult and strenuous process.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment