Testing the Hypothesis P.2
In the second round of interviews I conducted, many new problems were brought to my attention. Unfortunately, my computer lost all the responses I collected from these people but I remember the main points that were made.
Many people experienced body shape change when their weight changed. Those on the smaller size found that most things fit them well and had no problems with how they looked or felt in those clothes. People on the larger size had items fitting oddly in specific places that seemed to be consistent across styles.
Who is in it: People who do not fit the generic body shapes that large clothing companies produce.
What the need is: The ability to customize clothes to all body types.
Why the need exists: Clothing companies only produce items for certain body types/shapes.
Who is not in it: People who fit the generic body shapes.
What the need is not: Making clothing items smaller.
Alternative explanations: People are shopping for the wrong sizes.
Hey Ashlyn, I am sorry to hear that you lost all the data you collected on your computer. My laptop crashed last summer, and I lost everything that was on it, so I totally feel for you! Anyways, I am pretty tall, my torso is very long, so I can relate to the people who you interviewed about not fitting generic body shapes.
ReplyDeleteHi Ashlyn,
ReplyDeleteI too often find it frustrating when stores have inconsistent sizing. Sometimes I'm a size 26 in pants in one store, and a size 28 in another. I don't understand why there isn't a baseline sizing chart everywhere. It often keeps me from checking out new stores because the idea of finding out my size at that particular store sounds like too much of a hassle. Hopefully this problem will be fixed one day!
Hello Ashlyn, I sometimes feel uncomfortable in the clothes I wear. Only reason why is because of the sizing options from some stores. I do think stores need to be able to cater to the public and thats being able to offer clothing for all body types. There are huge opportunities to fix some of these issues. Businesses should keep in mind that every body type should have at least 3-5 outfits to choose from.
ReplyDelete