Celebrating Failure
This past semester, I have failed in many ways but the one that hit me the hardest had to do with my personal relationships. I had become blind to the fact that I was not coping with the stress of college and supporting my self. With everything feeling like it was crashing down on me, I became depressed. Instead of realizing that I was no longer happy with my self, I began to look for it in my relationships. First with friends and then with my significant other. I kept asking for more and more from them and the pressure grew to be too much. It wasn’t until they broke and told me in the heat of the moment that I had not been listening to anything they had been saying which was true. Many of the things they tried to display to me while I was asking for more did not seem important because I felt so hurt at the time but couldn’t understand why. What I learned from this is that I need to pay attention to my perception of my self. Also, I need to listen to my significant other and really make an effort to put my self in their shoes. Mental health is important and I nearly let mine ruin a relationship I was completely happy in. Failure can be scary and it will never feel good. It is not easy to take most of the time. Personally, I have never handled failure in the ways that I would like too. Over the years I have slowly been turning it into a learning experience. Everyone says you have to look at failure as a chance to improve. This is true however, it does not come without some degree of disappointment. Many people fail to mention that it is okay to greve that loss. The difference is whether you hold onto that loss and let it discourage you or use it as motivation to chase your goals. This class has reinforced the latter for me.
Comments
Post a Comment