Growing Your Social Capical

      Delisa’s background is originally in chemical water treatment but later on, pursued her passion for fitness and sewing. She now owns her own gym and is a seamstress on the side. She will be filling the slot of a domain expert in my industry because she has experience in entrepreneurship and sewing. I contacted her through Twitter originally and we had a conversation over that messaging system. She seemed very excited to talk about her recent endeavors and to share her experience as a female business owner. She will enhance my understanding of tailoring and the limits of what can be done for someone who is not physically there to tailor for. 
      I met with the manager of Joanne fabrics, Amy. She had been working there for 11 years and runs pretty much the entire store. She will be filling the slot of marketing expert because of her background in advertising the front of the store. After talking to one of my other connections I asked to speak to the manager. She seemed busy but was willing to have a brief conversation with me about her experience in marketing/advertising. She will enhance my ability to advertise to customers about things related to tailoring. 
      Lastly, I met with a sales associate from a fabric store called Joanne Fabrics. Theresa is an older woman who has been working there for the past 6 years and does quite a bit of sewing on her own. She will be fitting the important supplier to my industry slot because of where she works. I met her by walking into the store and asking to interview her. She was very friendly and excited to share her opinion. She can help me understand the expenses associated with running a tailoring business at least in the materials used. 
     They all though my business idea would be possible as long as it was easily accessible and the tailoring was accurate. In other words, having experienced tailors and efficient ways of reaching customers, my business would succeed. 

Comments

  1. Hey Ashlyn,
    It looks like you went all out on your interviews when it came to finding people! Did you record the interviews as well or write down their responses as they were speaking about their experiences? For me I found it useful also to share a bit of my experience to my interviewees so that they got an idea of what I was looking for as a response.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment