What's Next?

Two of the three people I interviewed said relatively the same thing. Both agreed my business venture was a good idea and neither had ever heard of anything like it. As far as logistics go they saw no reason for it not to be possible. The third person also thought it was a good idea however, did not think going with the United States Postal service was the right option. Instead, he made the suggestion of having my own people deliver and possibly even come to take measurements. Almost like a traveling tailor. With this idea in mind, the only way I could see this working resource-wise is by starting very small and basing my self in a single town with a store to work out of. My market would change and but would still be able to use an app. 
A radically different market that I could pursue would be businessmen and women. Most of these people, however, have their suits and clothing custom-tailored by the companies that make them. However, if I were to employ this house call suggestion I received, it could be viable for emergency stitching before big events for these people. I interviewed two people in the college of business very briefly. Both said that they probably would not pay for a service like that because they probably would have brought more than one outfit. I find it hard to adjust my company to a market like this because it is meant to serve people who do not have the time or money to go to a tailor regularly. What surprised me the most was how difficult it was to find a need for my service. I had assumed this is something pretty much everyone could use. This market is not as enticing to me. You would have to be apart of a larger company to make it anywhere in this market. Many large companies already provide free fitting to people who can afford their suits. 

Comments

  1. Hey Music Geek,
    That is surprising and it's cool that you have gone through the process to figure out that this is not something probably worth pursuing. Testing the waters and knowing there is a market is a critical part of creating a successful venture, so props to you for figuring that out yourself. My idea does have a market, but it's hard for me to make customers pay for a public service like providing good lighting in residential areas. So I think it's just something that needs to be done for the sake of safety, not monetary incentive. Keep up the good work!
    - Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I think people who order suits and professional clothing always have their preferences set. I think with the right advertising and word of mouth you'll be able to reel people in. I work in retail that sells suits and people usually come in knowing sizes already. Very few get fitted or try on clothes for fitting. I think you'll do a great job at finding your way into that market. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment